Fall-Off-The-Bone Spareribs with Rib Rub
These Spareribs can be pork or beef. They are delicious and literally fall off the bone.
Author: Recipe Renegade
- 4½ Pounds Baby Back Ribs
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
For Rib Rub:
- ¼ cup Muscovado
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayene Pepper Powder
- Barbeque Sauce
- Rub ribs with olive oil and set aside.
Make rib rub: In small bowl, combine Muscovado, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Completely cover ribs with Rub mixture, rubbing mixture into the ribs.
- Wrap ribs in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28" x 18") and seal the edges.
- Refrigerate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- Bake in covered grill over *indirect medium heat (275°) for 2 hours.
- While ribs are cooking, make this Barbeque Sauce.
- When ribs are finished baking, put a small amount of barbeque sauce into a small cup or bowl to use for basting.
- Cook remaining sauce on stovetop or grill on low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Baste ribs with uncooked Barbeque Sauce and place on direct medium heat on grill, cooking for about ten minutes on each side.
- Throw out sauce that was used for basting.
*Indirect heat - light one side of the grill and place the ribs on the opposite side. This creates an oven for baking.