Should I be embarrassed?
You probably said, “Ewww!” when you saw my title. When I first came up with the title for this article, I didn’t think it could possibly be true—then I counted the months. October through March. Yup, that’s six months. And now we’re into April. Should I be embarrassed?
Honestly, living in New Hampshire with a pellet stove, on top of a dry cold, can’t be good for anyone’s skin. Every winter I constantly scratched at my legs. Once I started using this scrub as a shaving cream, the scratching stopped. I rub it on, rinse off the excess Epsom salt granules and shave. I don’t wash off the coconut oil, since coconut oil is said to have antiseptic, antibiotic, anti-fugal properties.
Jennifer’s Favorite Body Scrubs
CAUTION! If you’re going to use this scrub, please be advised that it will make your shower and bathtub floor slippery. Please don’t use this without first installing bathtub safety strips! Please clean bathtub/shower directly after using and be certain all coconut oil is removed.
- 1 Cup Epsom Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Himalayan Salt
- 20 Drops Améo Essential Oil in Your Favorite Scent
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (use only in cold weather to keep it from becoming solid)
- CAUTION: This mixture will scratch food processor bowl. Processor is optional.
- With knife blade in bowl, place Epsom Salt in food processor (or bowl).
- Process for a couple minutes to refine granules.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until completely mixed.
- Store in glass jar.
- Place Coconut Oil in small pan on stove top.
- Heat on low heat just until melted.
- While oil is melting, process Epsom Salt in food processor (optional) using knife blade.
- Add Epsom salt and remaining ingredients to melted coconut oil.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place in glass jar and allow to harden/cool before using.
*Olive oil is only necessary in colder climates/seasons to keep mixture soft - more or less might be needed depending on your climate/temperature.
My favorite essential oil is Proshield by Améo. Please contact me at RecipeRenegade @ MakeHealthierChoices.com to learn how to purchase Améo clinical-grade essential oils at wholesale prices.