When I’m craving something sweet, or when I have leftover egg whites from making Hollandaise sauce I usually make these macaroons. These gluten-free macaroons can are made with only three ingredients–the vanilla and Himalayan salt are optional.
These delicious macaroons are quick and easy to make.
Author: Recipe Renegade
- 5 Egg Whites
- ½ Cup Maple Syrup
- One 8 oz. Bag of Shredded/Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F
- Place all ingredients in bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Drop onto cookie sheet using small, old-fashioned ice cream scoop.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
To keep macaroons from being sticky on the bottom, flatten before baking; flip after baking 15 minutes and cook for another couple minutes.