When I was a kid, my mom always “par-boiled” the chicken before it went onto the charcoal-briquette fire on the grill. When I became an adult, I skipped that step. I’m not sure why, but I did. Only recently, since I love chicken bone broth, did I start par-boiling again. I’ve learned it’s a necessary step that shouldn’t be skipped and keeps the chicken moist and tender. Be careful to not overcook!
- 2 lbs Chicken with bone
- *Barbeque Sauce
- Par-boil chicken for 25 minutes.
- Prepare Barbeque Sauce.
- After 25 minutes, remove chicken from water.
- Place on grill; cook 5 minutes on each side.
- Baste one side. Place basted side down and cook 5 minutes. While that side is cooking, baste other side.
- After the five minutes, flip and cook second side for 5 minutes.